Groundbreaking PhysioMagneto Pulsed Magnetic Super Transduction Therapy (PMST) plus Far Infrared Therapy combines 2 of the most advanced non surgical and drug free rehabilitation and regeneration modalities in 1 state of the art machine.
Applications include diseases of the musculoskeletal system such as lower back pain, arthritis, inflammation of tendons and joints as well as sports injuries.
Using super pulsed magnetic energy, Physio Magneto triggers the biological effect of electromagnetic guidance at the cell and tissue level to promote the rapid growth of new proteins and fibroblasts while balancing red and white blood cells which are vital to the bodies natural healing process. At the same time, it increases angiogenesis and collagen formation to promote faster wound healing.
Physio Magneto accelerates the elimination of the inflammatory response, restores normal nutrient rich blood flow and makes damaged cells recover faster.
Mechanism of Action:
Every cell in your body operates via electricity; Physio Magneto triggers the electrical currents of your cells to properly send and receive electrical currents throughout your body so they can function properly and is vital to overall health and wellness.
Physio Magneto is 40X stronger than other forms of magnetic field therapy like PEMF which is only good for muscle and differs from general forms of magnetic field therapy or PEMF due to the high oscillation frequency of 1000-3000hz and is therefore significantly more effective for treating a wider variety of conditions.
This instrument also enables a high penetration depth (18 cm) and a large range of indications from joint disease to broken bones.
How Does Physio Magneto ® differ from pulsed electromagnetic field (PEMF) ?
PEMF is a non-circular magnetic field. Its magnetic field focuses on the most central position of the magnetic ring. The magnetic field energy is relatively concentrated at one point, so its treatment area is relatively small.
The PMST magnetic ring is an annular magnetic field with more energy focus. The energy focus is on the ring wall of the inner ring, with a circle of energy focus.
When applied in the field of physical therapy, it can be very conveniently applied to the elbow, knee, heel, shoulder and other joint parts of the human body to form a circular energy point for the treatment of the joint parts. The treatment area is larger and more suitable for the field of physical therapy.
The difference between high frequency and low frequency PEMF, the frequency in the general market is between 50Hz and 150Hz. This pulse is relatively slow and shallow. The main stimulation is the muscle layer, which allows the muscle to contract with high intensity, so as to achieve the purpose of increasing muscle and reducing fat.
PMST magnetic ring can reach 1000Hz to 3000hz fast pulse in superconducting mode. The pulse at high frequency can penetrate the muscle layer and fat layer to reach deeper tissue for treatment, which is more suitable for the field of physical therapy.
Are there any side effects of PMST ®?
PMST ® has no reported side effects. During the treatment the patient may experience mid discomfort and reddening of the skin. The short-lived discomfort the PMST® treatment creates is just a minor inconvenience and will be a non issue when compared to the clinical relevant decrease of pain the patient receives.
- PMST® can treat a wide range of MSK disorders / wide range of therapeutic applications
- Non-invasive with no reported side effects
- High oscillating frequency with deeper penetration
- PhysioMagneto® is easy to use
- Treatment of non-specific pain
- Treatment of large areas of the body
- Greater treatment depth
- Wide range of treatments
- Combinable therapy procedure with Shockwave
- High patient comfort and easy handling
- Non-invasive, secure therapy
- Cost-effective device
- Long service life and low maintenance efforts
PhysioMagneto® in Daily Practice
- Unattended Therapy which frees more time for the user.
- The patient does not have to undress
- Effective fatigue-free work for the user
- ‘Touch free’ treatment – Applicator positioning by hand or with the flexible holding arm
- A treatment session lasts only 5 – 20 minutes depending on the indication
- Adjustable frequency up to 10 pulses/s
TYPICAL PMST INDICATIONS MUSCULOSKELETAL DISEASES
Signs of wear and tear, e.g. arthrosis (knee, hip, hands, shoulder, elbow), herniated disc, spondylarthrosis.
(Chronic) pain, e.g. back pain, lumbalgia, tension, radiculopathies, heel pain.
Sports Injuries(Chronic) inflammation of tendons and joints, tendon overload syndrome, osteitis pubis.
PMST ® Clinical Evidence
Klüter, T. et al., Electromagnetic Biology and Medicine, 37(4):175-183, 2018.Electromagnetic transduction therapy and shockwave therapy in 86 patients with rotator cuff tendinopathy: A prospective randomized controlled trial.
Gerdesmeyer, L. et al., The Journal for Foot and Ankle Surgery, 56(5):964-967, 2017.Electromagnetic Transduction Therapy for Achilles Tendinopathy: A Preliminary Report on a New Technology.
Klüter, T. et al., Journal of Orthopedic Research and Therapy: JORT-1113. DOI: 10.29011/2575-8241.001113, 2018. Electromagnetic Transduction Therapy in Patients with Chronic Aseptic Osteitis Pubis
What is infrared therapy?
Infrared light is one of several innovative therapies that are being trialed for the management of patients with acute or chronic pain. The therapy uses certain wavelengths of light that are delivered to sites of the body that have injuries.
Unlike ultraviolet light - which has damaging effects upon the tissues and cells of the body - infrared light helps cells regenerate or repair themselves. Infrared light also improves the circulation of oxygen-rich blood in the body, promoting faster healing of deep tissues and relieving pain.
One of the characteristics of infrared light is its ability to penetrate below the skin layers, providing a much greater depth which is able to effectively provide pain relief. In fact, this invasive, natural, and painless method can provide a vast range of health benefits, without damaging the skin through UV radiation
Infrared light is the heat people feel when exposed to the sun. The skin naturally radiates infrared heat every day. Infrared light has shown immense health benefits, from pain relief to reducing inflammation.
How does infrared therapy work?
Infrared light penetrates to the inner layers of the skin at about 2 to 7 centimeters deep. Hence, it reaches the muscles, nerves and even the bones. Many studies have shown that a frequency of infrared light, with wavelengths from 700 to 1,000 nanometers, is best used for healing inflammatory conditions.
Infrared therapy technology allows people to harness the benefits of the sun, without being exposed to harmful ultraviolet rays. Also, infrared therapy is safe and effective, without adverse side effects. As a matter of fact, infrared light is safe and is used even for infants in the neonatal intensive care.
Infrared light is absorbed by the photoreceptors in cells. Once absorbed, the light energy kickstarts a series of metabolic events, triggering several natural processes of the body on a cellular level.
The key to the efficacy of infrared light therapy may be nitric oxide, a gas that is vital to the health of the body’s arteries. Nitric oxide is a potent cell signaling molecule that helps relax the arteries, battles free radicals to reduce oxidative stress, prevents platelet clumping in the vessels, and regulates the blood pressure. Hence, this molecule enhances blood circulation to deliver vital nutrients and oxygen to damaged and injured tissues in the body.
The increase in the blood flow to the different parts of the body makes it possible for oxygen and nutrients to reach the cells, enabling them to function properly and effectively. Hence, this therapy stimulates the regeneration and repair of injured tissues, reducing pain and inflammation.
Light Therapy can:
- Increase vascularity (circulation) by increasing the formation of new capillaries, which are additional blood vessels that replace damaged ones. New capillaries speed up the healing process by carrying more oxygen as well as more nutrients needed for healing and they can also carry more waste products away.
- Stimulate the production of collagen. Collagen is the most common protein found in the body. Collagen is the essential protein used to repair damaged tissue and to replace old tissue. It is the substance that holds cells together and has a high degree of elasticity. By increasing collagen production less scar tissue is formed at the damaged site.
- Stimulate the release of adenosine triphosphate (ATP). ATP is the major carrier of energy to all cells. Increases in ATP allow cells to accept nutrients faster and get rid of waste products faster by increasing the energy level in the cell. All food turns into ATP before it is utilized by the cells. ATP provides the chemical energy that drives the chemical reaction of the cell.
- Increase lymphatic system activity. Edema, which is the swelling or natural splinting process of the body, has two basic components. The first is a liquid part which can be evacuated by the blood system and the second is comprised of the proteins which have to be evacuated by the lymphatic system. Research has shown that the lymph vessel diameter and the flow of the lymph system can be doubled with the use of light therapy. The venous diameter and the arterial diameters can also be increased. This means that both parts of edema (liquid and protein) can be evacuated at a much faster rate to relieve swelling.
- Increase RNA and DNA synthesis. This helps damaged cells to be replaced more promptly.
- Reduce the excitability of nervous tissue. The photons of light energy enter the body as negative ions. This calls upon the body to send positive ions like calcium among others to go to the area being treated. These ions assist in firing the nerves thereby relieving pain.
- Stimulate fibroblastic activity which aids in the repair process. Fibroblasts are present in connective tissue and are capable of forming collagen fibers.
- Increase phagocytosis, which is the process of scavenging for and ingesting dead or degenerated cells by phagocyte cells for the purpose of clean up. This is an important part of the infection fighting process. Destruction of the infection and clean up must occur before the healing process can take place.
- Induce a thermal like effect in the tissue. The light raises the temperature of the cells although there is no heat produced from the diodes themselves.
- Stimulate tissue granulation and connective tissue projections, which are part of the healing process of wounds, ulcers or inflamed tissue.
- Stimulate acetylcholine release. Acetylcholine causes cardiac inhibition, vasodilation, gastrointestinal peristalsis and other parasympathetic effects.
Infrared light therapy is applied in the treatment of various health conditions, including back pain, arthritis, bursitis, blunt trauma, muscle strain, carpal tunnel syndrome, neck pain, back pain, diabetic neuropathy, rheumatoid arthritis, temporomandibular joint pain (TMJ), tendonitis, wounds, sciatica, and surgical incisions.