FDA Approved MachWave dual Radial and Focused Shockwave ESWT Machine opens up new possibilities for MSK Pain Specialists.
With 6,000,000 shocks, 6 Pressure Bars and an upgraded 200w air cooled compressor motor, the MachWave is the most powerful and advanced Shockwave Machine on the market today for treating the most common musculoskeletal conditions plus ED and even Cellulite!
The Science behind the technology:
Shockwave is an acoustic wave energy based delivery therapy where a pressure wave is formed via a projectile by using accelerated compressed air.
The compressed air is generated by an electronically-controlled ballistic-pressure compressor.
Using elastic impact, the kinetic energy of the projectile is transferred into the probe of the applicator and then into the client’s body.
Consequently, during the treatment, the end of the applicator must be in direct-contact with the skin and subcutaneous tissue.
Shockwave is aimed at the affected areas that are the source of acute and chronic pain such as knee, elbow, shoulder, trigger points and even ED.
The influence of the shockwaves causes to the dissolution of calcium deposits and leads to better vascularization.
Unlike the much more overpriced Zimmer and STORZ machines on the market, with the MachWave Super Powerful Shockwave Machine you don’t need to replace the entire handpiece when the 6,000,000 shocks are all used, just the patented and simple to change firing projectile which saves thousands of dollars over the lifespan of the machine.
1. User friendly with 12 pre set programs for elbow, wrist, lumbar, fat, ED.
2. State of the Art English and Spanish touch screen lcd design,
3. 110v Power Source to ensure instant and powerful shockwave effect
4. Pressure level and frequency selection(High,Medium,Low) conform to treatment demand
5. Updated air compressor for quiet and powerful output
6. Single or dual output
7.Comes with 6 upgraded various size transmitters for radial and focused treatments.
Best of Both Worlds in Shockwave Therapy:
The MachWave is a Dual Radial and Focused Shockwave Therapy Machine for Superficial and Deep Tissue Healing.
Radial vs Focused
Radial Pressure Wave / Shockwaves (Soft shock) – Larger treatment area of superficial indications
Superficial 3-4 cm treatment depth
• Spreads to treat larger areas
• Slow impulse
• Low energy density
The radial shockwave comprises three parts – Ultrasonic pulse, audio acoustic pulse and the relatively slow shear wave.
Radial pressure wave have their greatest energy at its source and weakens the farther it travels. Radial waves are generated by means of a pneumatic system.
Using compressed air, a projectile is accelerated to a high-speed then suddenly decelerated by a transmitter, which is held to the area being treated.
The generated kinetic energy is than transmitted to the tissue from where it propagates outwards aspherically as a radial wave into the tissue.The transmitter surface constitutes the highest pressure and highest energy density.
The pressure waves lose power the deeper they enter the body. For treatments where the targeted tissue is superficial, radial pressure waves will give patients good results, such as plantar fasciitis, tennis elbow or the Achilles tendon.
Focused Shockwaves (Hard shock) – Smaller focal point for greater accuracy and greater treatment depth.
• Deep reach up to 12cm dependent on the attachments used
• Precise energy delivery to the exact area
• Fast impulse
• High energy density
Focused shockwaves are able to penetrate deeper into the tissues and provides all of its power at the designated depth.
Focused shockwaves are generated electromagnetically through a cylindrical coil creating opposing magnetic fields when current is applied.
This causes a submerged membrane to move and generate a pressure wave in the surrounding fluid medium. These propagate through the medium without any loss in energy with a small focal zone.
At the site of actual wave generation the amount of energy dispersed is minimal. This limits damage at the skin and to underlying soft tissues.
The focusing mechanism directs each shock to a defined point within the body. The location within the body is adjusted by altering the energy output of the machine or by adjusting the focusing mechanism.
A stand off applicator can be used to adapt the depth of energy.
Treatments that require targeting tissue at a deeper level such as tissue close to bone, calcifications or delayed unions and non unions benefit from focused shockwaves. Patients who are unable to tolerate radial treatments for acute injuries will also benefit from focused shockwave therapy.
What are the biological Effects of Focused Shockwave and Radial Pressure Waves?
Focused Shockwave AND Radial pressure waves:
• Increase of cell wall permeability
• Stimulation of Microcirculation (Blood, Lymph)
• Release of Substance P Neurotransmitter responsible for pain modulation.
• It is a powerful vasodilator, causing considerable hypotension
Focused shock waves ONLY:
• Cavitation Release of nitric oxide (increased cell metabolism, neoangogenesis, anti-inflammatory effect)
• Stimulation of growth factors and stem cell activity within 6 weeks of therapy.
Focused shockwave indications
F-SW is used for the treatment of but not limited to:
• Acute injuries in elite athletes
• Knee & Joint arthritis
• Bone and Stress Fractures
• Shin Splints
• Osteitis Pubis -Groin Pain
• Insertional Achilles Pain
• Tibialis Posterior Tendon Syndrome
• Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome
• Haglunds Deformity
• Peroneal Tendon
• Tibbialis posterior ankle sprain
• Tendinopathies and Enthesopathies
• Urological indications (ED) Male Impotence or Erectile Dysfucntion / Chronic Pelvic Pain / Peyronie’s
• Delayed bone-non unions/bone healing
• Wound Healing and other dermatological and aesthetic indications
1. Tennis elbow
Painful inflammation of the tendon attachment on the lateral elbow
2. Shoulder pain with or without calcification
Painful limitation of shoulder movement
3. Golfer’s elbow
Painful inflammation of the tendon attachment on the medial elbow
4. Bursitis trochanterica
Painful periostitis of the hip
5. Patella tip syndrome
Inflammation of the tibial edge due to excessive strain
6. Tibial edge syndrome
Inflammation of the tibial edge due to excessive strain
Painful irritation of the achilles tendon
8. Painful heel
Painful, mostly chronic inflammation of the heel
9. Inflammation of the tendon attachment
Painful inflammation of tendon attachments due to overexertion or improper strain, or due to degenerative processes
10. Acupuncture points
Pain therapy through that treatment of acupuncture points
11. Painful trigger points
Acute and chronic pain in the back, shoulder, neck, etc. due to permanently shortened and thickened muscles
Cellulite treatment :
1. High effectiveness, fast relieve pain.
2. Noninvasive, no anesthetic, convenient and fast
3. Each treatment only takes 20 minutes, 5-10 points each session.
4. Widely applied to different soft tissue treatments.
The shock wave is a powerful and effective treatment in reducing cellulite, tightening and firming as well as smoothing the skin. the shock wave can be used as a standalone application or in conjunction with other fat removal or skin tightening treatments to accelerate results.
How does Shockwave therapy work for cellulite?
Radial Pressure Waves break down the fat cells and restore flexibility to connective tissue. Increased blood supply speeds up the removal of waste products from fat cells. Blood flow is improved, allowing waste fluids to drain.
Shockwaves stimulate activity within the cell, resulting in tighter, smoother-looking skin. Skin and connective tissue tighten and regain their natural elasticity.
Total Body Treatments
No rest period is required after treatment
One session typically lasts 30 minutes
Visible results in just a few sessions
No pain, no anesthetic
Most men suffering from erectile dysfunction have vascular problems affecting the vessels that supply blood to the cavernous bodies of the penis, resulting in a decreased ability to develop and maintain an erection.
Shockwave Therapy for ED of this type can be a highly effective treatment.
The shockwaves are focused on the area to be treated, creating new blood vessels in penile tissue and enabling patients to achieve and maintain firm and spontaneous erections.
- Target on spongy tissue in 5 different areas.
- 300 impacts per area , total 1500 impacts in one treatment.
- Twice a week, treat consistently for 3 weeks, then stop for 3 weeks, And start next course.
- Should be more impacts at the top end of the penis, and fewer impacts at the bottom of the penis. Vascular-related ED problems rather than just treating the symptoms.
Shockwave has the following effects:
1.Cellular: Increase in cell membrane transmittance by improving ionic channels activity, stimulation of cell division, stimulation of cellular cytokines production.
2. Reproduction of vessels in the area of tendons and muscles: Improvement of blood circulation, increase in concentration of growth factor beta 1 , chemotactic and mitogenic effect on osteoblasts.
3. Effect on nitric oxide system: Bone healing and remodelling.
4. Improvement of macro-circulation and metabolism.
5. Dissolution of calcified fibroblasts.
6. Supports the production of collagen.
7. Reduction in tissue tension.
8. Analgesic effect.
6 Applicator Tips. 3 Radial. 3 Focused.